Recognizing Young Nebraskans
We are excited to announce our first ever Young Nebraskans Week awards, presented by Connecting Young Nebraskans and the Nebraska Department of Economic Development. We will be celebrating talented, influential young Nebraskans who are making a positive impact in their workplaces and communities.
Who Can Apply?
- Must be between 18-40ish years of age.
- Must be a resident of Nebraska.
- Young Professional Group affiliation not required.
- Applicants may apply to multiple awards, but can only win one award per year.
What do Winners Receive?
- A certificate and plaque from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development (great for your office and your resume).
- A $50 gift card (sponsored by Nebraska Diplomats).
- Recognition on the Nebraska Good Life Social and Connecting Young Nebraskans Social Media Accounts.
- Honorary 1 year membership to the Nebraska Diplomats.
Applications will close on Tuesday, September 15th, 2020
(Scroll on mobile to see all three awards!)
Community Involvement & Impact
A young professional who has made significant contributions to the community through civic engagement, board or committee work, and/or involvement with charitable organizations and whose poineering work and vision is impacting their community for the better.
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
A young professional who has brought an innovative initiative, product, or service to the market in an original way. This award aims to recognize achievers, innovators and makers, who have contributed significantly towards the development of a new businesses or idea.
YP of the Year
A young professional who takes unusual or extraordinary measures to balance work, family, and life while positively impacting their community for the better. This young professional demostrates qualities from all of the Young Nebraskans Week Awards categories.